Tell us about your pet peeves. Do it however you want: write a list of 50 things that drive you crazy, or an essay about just one thing, or story combining several things, or write a song, or some limericks, or an epic poem. A photo essay! A slideshow! Video journalism! Stand up comedy! The sky is the limit, just tell us what grinds your teeth as a teacher
Okay what are my pet peeves?
1. My first pet peeve is people that say "this is the way we have always done it" or " we don't have time to do all that extra stuff"
2. Teachers that complain about things and don't want to work to change them. The ones that say why should I have to do that, it is not my job. That is not my kid...
3. people that say it is all about the kids but don't really mean it.
4. people who tell me they wish they had an easy job like mine with 3 months off a year. That I get paid too much. I love my job but comments like a person telling me that they need a job where they can use their brain so they couldn't teach kindergarten ..aghhh
5. people who bring their kids late to school everyday and then want me to stop and talk to them when they finally get there.
6. Teachers who try to discourage student teachers from getting into the profession. Really then why are you here?
7. People who jump on you when you make a mistake. I am trying new things and they are not always going to work the way I thought but I want to try to keep trying new things and growing.
Even though we have pet peeves we still focus on the positive everyday. Think of you in this picture when those pet peeves get to you ahhhhh